Belly button, or the navel, is one part of the body that barely asserts any consideration – unless you have a piercing, obviously. But Research demonstrates that a sum of 2,368 unique species live inside bellybuttons. An average person, it is believed, can have up to 67 species of bacteria living in there.
It is not necessary to give your belly button a full-fledged cleanup every day. Our regular baths and showers are enough to take care of this. Especially since many of the bacteria that are teeming in there are helpful bacteria. But sometimes, the bacteria can mix with your sweat, dirt, soap, or talc, and create bad odor. So, the navel can do with a heavy duty cleanup occasionally.
Here are some ways you can clean your belly button.
Use A Cotton Swab And Cleaning Solution
Things you need:
Cleaning solution: Baby oil or water or hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol
Dip the cotton swab into the cleaning solution of your choice. Delicately rub the swab all around your navel, being mindful so as not to rub too hard. When you are done – two or three takes ought to be more than enough – clean the region with a dry swab, ensuring you get all the wiping solution out.
Utilize Salt Water Cleanup
A salt water solution is at once an disinfectant and a cleaning agent. Utilizing a warm salt water solution is believed to be significantly more useful than standard salt water.
- Make a salt water solution utilizing ocean salt and warm water.
- Scrape out the dirt from the navel using a cotton swab.
- Rinse the navel using the hot salt water solution
- Pat dry with a towel or tissue.
- Repeat the process till you are satisfied with the results.
Try Hot Oil Massage For Stubborn Dirt
Sometimes, some stubborn can gather inside your belly button and decline to come out with simply cotton swabs and cleaning solutions. That is the point at which a hot oil massage proves to be useful. Oil can help grease the navel zone well, in this manner making it simpler to remove the accumulated dirt. This is what you can do in such cases:
- Apply warm coconut oil to your navel.
- Massage the navel tenderly in a clockwise and anticlockwise direction.
- Hold the skin around the navel tight.
- Scrape out the dirt utilizing a cotton swab.
Take Special Care If You Have A Piercing
Try not to remove another piercing till it is completely healed and if there is no pus or blood originating from it. There ought to likewise be no covering developments on the jewelry. To clean your belly button and your piercing, follow the given steps:
- Move the piercing as high up as possible.
- Soak it.
- Then move it as far down as possible.
- De-crust the piercing using a tissue dipped in saline solution.
- Clean and dry your navel using cotton swabs.
Guarantee there is no water or dampness in the navel. For those with new piercings, it will be useful to likewise utilize an antimicrobial agent when cleaning the belly button.
Always Moisturize After Cleaning
It is important to keep your belly button and its surrounding area moisturized. This will guarantee that the territory stays soft, smooth and free of diseases and foul scent. A dry belly button and surrounding zone can prompt itchy sensation. Scratching the itch can prompt wounds and diseases.